Thursday, February 2, 2017

We all must stand for what is right

I am the first one to say that I do not like President Donald J. Trump. But, right or wrong he is our elected leader. In those situations that President Trump has made worse , I have been following the Biblical injunction to "Pray for our leaders. I don't pray for an accident or illness.  My prayers are for him to receive enlightenment. The second part of my prayers is for the part of his brain that controls empathy and compassion to grow. I am referring to the supramarginal gyrus.

This is the United States. Regardless of what any one wants including the President, each citizen has the right to express their opinion. That expression should be made without fear of reprisals. An old saying that I heard as a child comes to mind. I heard old farmers say it while discussing politics.

"If something is wrong, stand up and say so with a straight back and firm voice. Not standing up means that you are a pile of sh**. Because sh** can't stand."


No comments:

Post a Comment