Saturday, October 25, 2014

Shame!

I've read through some trending news. It should have been titled: "Shame"

Some cities have made it illegal to feed the homeless. They call it enabling and keeping people out of recovery programs. What a load of crap!

Guys not everyone is an addict to drugs or alcohol. I've known people on Social Security/Disability who were homeless and could not find affordable rent. What about those families who can't feed their kids who get these meals?

If you think your city has social programs that help, check em out! How many people were getting fed before the 'let's get rid of the homeless program' began. Check out how many signed into the program and see where they were referred. Ask those at the referral site if they've had any notable increase in the service they provided. Those I've checked out had less than 10% increase.

Done that? Good. Check out the theft and robbery reports in the same areas. I'm talking about the amount of reported crimes..not the amount of crimes police responded to.

These cities need to remember something: Hungry people will steal to feed themselves and their children. Even if they get a job, there's a delay of two weeks to a month before their next check.

My faith practice has instilled works of charity. Don't tell me how to practice my faith. Making it illegal just means that I'll do it anyway. Guys forget that most all faiths promise a spiritual reward if persecuted in the name of good?

Your cold hearted, misguided practice of law won't change my service to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment