Friday, January 11, 2019

Attitude is everything

My online  name is Momma Stone Wolf.  It says everything about who and what I am. My strength comes from the many trials I have faced and survived. The one trial that made me cry inside was how I was judged by my external appearance.  I could hear my own tears. They fell one at the time like a slow drip into a lake at the bottom of a cave.  Each drop creating an echo that seemed to go on forever.

I give of myself  to others. Sometimes that involves only listening when someones needs a sounding board.  When younger and healthier, I was a member of a national disaster response team.  Now others come to me sometimes for help with paperwork. I do what I can.

Even an old dog can learn new tricks. I can not change other peoples attitudes. There are books in public libraries. People can seek to learn.  It is unfortunate but some people choose to remain knowledge deficit.  They are comfortable with their ignorance.  I can't change that.

Instead, I chose to change myself.  It matters not if I am fat or skinny. The only difference is there is more to hug with a fat person. The link below helped me to accept myself.  It did not dawn on me till I read it how much I let Dr.'s hurt me with their ignorance of the power of words.  Now, I like  who and what I am !

The hurtful words of ignorant people are like leaves on a tree. After a time, the leaves fall off. The tree remains to grow new leaves. Those new leaves will nourish the tree.

Please read the following link and like yourself.

https://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/everything-you-know-about-obesity-is-wrong/

No comments:

Post a Comment