Monday, December 1, 2014

In Re: Ferguson Missouri

The demonstrations continue all across the country. People are tired of injustice. Did we forget though that the injustice is not only dealt out to African Americans?

I discovered it also applied to all of the lower economic class, when I had dropped from the middle economic class. An example is what a police officer told me one day about where I lived: "There's only two types of people who live here. Those who commit crimes and those I've not caught yet"

Asking him about people like me, who lived within their means, dumbfounded him. I left him standing in the courtyard and went back inside.

Demonstrators need to change the way they're going about trying to make a change. They forget that small steps are the key. Find a congressional representative to start a bill that forbids all law enforcement agencies from investigating deaths by one of their own. Demonstrate to get support for the bill. When it happens, move on to another issue. Change the system from within! Name the bill after Michael Brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment