Sunday, September 7, 2014

Regarding Congress and I.S.I.S.

I was watching the news this morning.

I heard people on ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" say that President Obama should obtain permission from Congress regarding I.S.I.S., though in the same breath they are also urging him not to wait on Congress and to act in an expedient manner.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the same Congress which deadlocked the passing of a balanced budget in 2013 which forced a government shutdown.. Returning from their Labor Day vacation (LABOR DAY?!? What work did those people do?!?), there are concerns of a 2014 shutdown.. This Congress would argue the value of using a bidet versus toilet paper and demand committees to determine what should be the standard toilet paper or the bidet. Can anyone else draw a parallel between this Congress and the Galactic Senate before Palpatine took power in Star Wars?

President Obama SHOULD get Congressional o.k. before he acts. In the same token, with this branch of Congressional representatives, I want him to act to deal with this threat so my grandchildren can live their lives with the worry of I.S.I.S.


No comments:

Post a Comment