Friday, December 30, 2016

A form of communication

Music is one of the oldest forms of communication. It expresses our idea's, fears, thoughts and hopes. Listening puts us into our individual happy place or helps us focus on the task at hand.

Parents should monitor and direct what music children listen to. The words used become normal to children.  "Bitches," "Ho's", and "Kill the Po-Po" becomes old.  Robbing and stealing is made to look like a game. Murder ain't no big thing. Forced sex is cool. Mom and or Dad  allow them to listen to it, so it must be OK. They no longer react as they should. In other words they have become jaded. Things or actions don't phase them. No matter how bad, that is just normal.

Listening to music also affects adults. In your house or apartment what you listen to is your choice no matter how profane. When I hear it in my house or apartment, it is not my choice. Cranking your music that loud is rude and disrespectful. Posturing like you are a mean and violent person as you proclaim that no one can tell you anything about your music is sad.  I won't approach you when you present your self in this manner. I just record it on my phone so the property manager can hear what I was hearing inside my place with the door closed. Then, I call the police for what you are doing with your music. If you have stopped before they get to my place, I let them listen to my recording.

Turning your music up so loud in your car that it is heard 10 car lengths around you is again rude and disrespectful. Not only that, it is dangerous because it distracts the driver of a several thousand pound vehicle that can go in excess of 70 miles per hour. Also, it raises the stress level of someone who may not be in control. They would be wrong and held accountable if they reacted in a violent manner. Most of all you are in violation of the law regarding loud noise.

Listen to what ever music you want to. Put on your headphones if you have children. They should only hear age appropriate music. Your neighbors and the people in cars around you were not asked if they wanted to hear your music. Don't be rude and disrespectful.

I watched news feeds and read information from the following links before blogging.

https://bebrainfit.com/music-affects-brain/

https://blog.bufferapp.com/music-and-the-brain

http://examinedexistence.com/the-effect-music-has-on-the-brain/

http://www.emedexpert.com/tips/music.shtml




No comments:

Post a Comment