Thursday, August 28, 2014

Russia's current military actions

So. I have a question for you:

When Russia removed all satellite countries back in the late 80's to early 90's, allowing for them to declare independence, did anyone else think that it was only a temporary measure? That Russia, when it's infrastructure improved, it's ability to 'get off it's ass and scramble' as my son put it improved, would be going to collect each country one by one?

Why am I asking this? Russia invaded Ukraine, as per the news this morning. When the United States and others chastised Russia for giving support to the Ukraine rebels, Vladimir Putin had what I described as a 'so what' look, reminding me of when I tried to get my son to clean his room. His look, demeanor and personality reminded me of someone who had made up their mind and did not care what the world thought. To me, personally, it reminded me of when President Bush was giving his reasons for the Iraq war around 2005 to 2006. At that time I told my son and a few friends: "He made up his mind. He's just telling us 'why' we're going to do so"

If Putin is doing what I think he is, Ukraine will not be the only country Russia will be invading. Mark my words: Russia 'will' be reclaiming it's satellite nations.


No comments:

Post a Comment